The Living Archive of Aboriginal Languages is a digital archive of endangered literature in Australian Indigenous languages from around the Northern Territory.Click on the map to start looking at books
Click on a coloured section to see Languages
Click on a place marker to see Places
About this map
This map shows approximate areas of languages spoken in the Northern Territory, and the location of communities where language materials were produced.
Please note that this map is provisional, having been negotiated with various authorities, and does not claim to be completely accurate.
Please contact us with any suggestions for changes.
To navigate the map:
- scroll or swipe around the map to highlight specific places or languages
- information about the location or language appears on the right side of the screen
- click a location or language for more information
- you'll see which languages relate to which locations (and vice versa) and a selection of books from that location
- you can enter the collection by clicking on the blue links
- click on 'More details' for additional information about the languages (ISO 639-3 code, Austlang code, alternate names, alternate spellings, etc)
- use the navigation buttons on the right side of the map to zoom in, zoom out or reset
- use the labels on the top left of the map to show the names of either places or languages
- use the Search button to go to a specific place or language on the map